This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.

Saturday 23 November 2013

Our Comenius Project Meeting in Ljubljana, Slovenia

Our Comenius Project Meeting in Ljubljana, Slovenia

Viribus Unitis - help the world with joint efforts!
2013

From the very beginning I had big expectations from this project. First of all I really love travelling so I was very happy to be able to visit green Ljubljana.  Secondly – I was looking forward to meet new people, get to know their culture, outlook and all the differences between our countries. The last from the most important aspects was the language – I had a wonderful occasion to practise my language skills. And so I did! Furthermore, I learned some new words in Slovenian – “hvala!”.
Just as we arrived to Ljubljana, we met our native guide – Jaka. Our group immediately found him very friendly. He also had the same sense of humor, so every time we went out with him we had a lot of fun. He also introduced us to his friend Daniel. And so we already had two new native friends. On the second day the students of the hosting school prepared for us a quick tour around the building, showed us the classrooms where we could see how things worked and we could talk with the teachers.
During next few days we had a chance to get familiar with students from other countries. Students that I personally remember the most were from Czech Republic and Turkey with whom I had a pleasure to work with during creating posters on recycling.
In the evenings we had enough time to look around in Ljubljana, do some shopping and drink hot chocolate while admiring the view of the city. The teachers also had planned a small tour to the castle of Ljubljana, Predjama castle (which was simply breathtaking), and Postojna cave where I took many photos. The great national Slovenian heritage was presented to all ECO-PARTENRSJ
The most important and awaited parts of the whole trip were our presentations. I was very nervous before our “Mineral resources” presentation, but the audience was very sympathetic and full of enthusiasm. Despite the technical problems, even our short play about Cracow’s culture worked out nicely. I also had a chance to present some green photos from Kraków taken by me to the participants of Comenius which was a big pleasure and pride for me.
I would certainly wish to take part in such event again. I also can’t wait to greet student from different countries here, in Poland, and to listen to teachers from India and the USA as they are going to visit our school soon.
I would like to thank for this chance, and I hope to come to Ljubljana once again in the future.

Agnieszka Kunstman, IB 1

No comments:

Post a Comment