This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.

Thursday 21 February 2013

My trip to Greece

I had such an amazing time in Greece. I wish I could go back, I already miss all the things..the sun, the sea, all the people, everything to be honest. I' m going to guide you through my journey.
First we all met at the train station in Ljubljana where we waited for a mini van which then took us to the Ronchi airport. I was really excited and at the same time nervous because it was my first flight with an airplane. But it wasn't that scary and I must say the view from the plane was gorgeous. We were able to see miles and miles away. 
 

 
 When we landed a bus drove us to the city where we met the families who were we staying with. I was a bit tired that day, so as soon as we arrived to the house I took a little nap.
The next day we went to school in the morning where we and all the other students had their presentations. I didn't expect there would be so many students and it was interesting seeing and listening to such different people, the languages were really diverse. After the presentations we had a workshop where we made and also sang a song about waste. Later that day we were able to go anywhere we wanted so we met with some of the others students and we went for a long walk through Athens. It's a really big and beautiful city but almost every street looks exactly the same, so if I was alone I would have gotten lost the first second.   
 

 
 On Wednesday we had a guided tour. First we went to the Parthenon, it's really beautiful but also really enormous. After that we also visited the Acropolis Museum where we saw how Athens incurred and also old parts of the city. After the tour we went back to the school where we had a workshop again. We painted empty boxes of eggs, it was really fun and while we were doing this we also had a chance to communicate with other students and get to know them and their country better.
 
 
And then it was already Thursday, our journey was coming to an end very quickly. We went to the Borre museum where we saw a  whole collection of interesting paintings made out of recycled materials. After that we visited the Marathon race museum where they had a lot of medals, scores from the past year and they even had shoes from some of the contestants. We also saw the Dam of Marathon which is really big and provides water to the city. After all of this we went to the beach where we ate delicious and also unusual food and ran up and down the beach but because the wind was blowing so much we got sand in our shoes, hair, bags and pretty much everywhere. At the end of the day we had dinner somewhere in the center of the city. We had a had a lot of fun that evening, we were dancing and having fun with other students and teachers.
 
 
 So the journey was at its end. We only had one more day before we went home, so we wanted to make the most of our last day in Greece. We went for an one out trip with all of the students, even the Greeks to Sounio. We had a really great view on the sea. All of us really started to like each other and we got along really well and because we didn't want to say goodbye yet, we decided that we should spend our last day together as long as possible.
 
We met in front of the hotel and first went for a walk through the center of Athens where we had a chance to buy souvenirs and anything else we wanted to. After that we had a desire to go to Starbucks and just like magic POOF! and we were there. There we met some of the other students and spent the the rest of our night there.
 
 
I didn't expect that I would have such an splendid time and I also didn't think that it would be so hard to say goodbye to all of the amazing people I met, I really got attached  to all of them. But we promised that one day, all of us will meet someday somewhere. And I'm really excited and thrilled to host some of you guys here in Slovenia.   

No comments:

Post a Comment