This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Week in Athens


It all started on Monday morning. I was so tired because i slept  just 3 hours. At first we went to the airport in Trieste. I wasn't scared of the flight because i did it before. Flight to Rome wasn't so long nor the other  to Athens. We came to Greece around  12 o'clock. We went by bus to Athens and there we met our hosting families.  My hosting family wasn't there, so the principal took me to the family.  At first I met just the guys Pannos and Gorge, they were really nice to me. In the evening we went bowling at the Mall and we played ice hockey, ate pancakes with nutella. They were so good. The both guys were really nice to me. We were really having fun. I really liked them.

The second day we had presentations at school. The presentations were about recycling and waste sorting. The first presentation was given by Checz Republic, the second Turkey, and we were the third. I was so scared what if i forget everything and i stop talking but everything went well. Everybody said that we were really good so we were happy. After the presentations we went home. It was a good day.

On Wednesday we went to Parthenon. It was really hot outside. The Parthenon was so beautiful and interesting. We were walking around Parthenon and taking pictures from the different places. We were having fun, Anja and Maša were jumping around and laughing. It was really good because of sun and everything beautiful around. Then we went to the Acropolis museum. In the museum it wasn't so interesting but i still listened to the guide. I was so exausted that at the end i wasn't able to stand any longer. But than the guide said: 'Now it's over'. I was happy because we went to caffeteria to hot chocolate. It was so good.  I, Anja and Maša were laughung all the time and we were talking about the snow in Slovenia.  After the take off we went back to the school to have the rest of presentations. It was all quite good but ours was the best i think. When we finished with the presentation we had a workshop at the classroom it was so funny because we were colouring the boxes for eggs. I missed the box and coloured Anja just a little. She was so pissed off but I was laughing. We were talking with Xristos and just laughing all the time. It was really good. When we finished it we went to the restaurant where we had dinner.  Xristos was sitting with us and we were talking and laughing and joking. It was really fun. Xristos is really funny and nice guy. We were having so much fun i will never forget. After dinner we went home i just went to bed and fell asleep. I was so tired.
 On Thursday we went to Marathon museum. We were listening about first marathon and Olympic games. It wasn't so long. After museum we went to see the lake of water that it was for Athens. Then we went to the beach. It was a sunny day so it was warm. It was really windy. Sand was everywhere. We were on the beach for 15 min but than we went to fish restaurant where we ate a great fish spread and bread and we drank a frozen coffee frape. When we finished eating we went to the beach again and we were jumping araund and laughing. It was really fun but i had sand everywhere in every single hole. I even ate a little sand. It was awful. Then we went back to school by bus and then to our homes. In the evening we had a dinner in taverna in the center. We were all together, Greek sudents and everyone else. We were joking, dancing, laughing, and learning some Greek and Slovenian words. It was really fun. I was laughing so hard all the time that my stomach burned in the end. It was so so fun really. We were there long in the night and i was really tired. When i came home i just lay in my bed and fell asleep. Friday the last day with my guys. In the morning I had to say goodbey to my hosting family because in the evening we went to the hotel. But after saying goodbye we went with bus to Cape Sunio. It was really windy, and so beautiful, all the cliffs and everything.  After walking around we went to ice coffee, and then to the lunch in some restaurant. We were really having fun with Greek guys. After lunch we went back to Athens and we went to hotel. We were in hotel untill  18 o'clock and then we went out with Greek  and Hungarian guys to Sturbucks coffee shop. We were there all evening and it was fun. And at the 22 o'clock the fairytale ended. We went back to hotel. We said goodbye to everyone. We were all really sad. This week was the best week in my life.  I will never forget it and noone of the guys that I met there. Everybody was so frendly and nice to me. I really liked Greece and I know that I will go back someday. I don't know when but i will. Because I already miss everyone. It was the best.

Urša Šalej

No comments:

Post a Comment