This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.

Sunday 16 March 2014

My impressions from Krakow

When I got the invitation to join the Viribus Unitis - help the world with joint efforts project I was first skeptic but after some thinking I realized that it is a great opportunity to learn something new. So I joined the group and we made a short survey video about ecological footprint. And then came the day to sit on the train and visit Krakow. At home, I checked some facts about Krakow because I didn't know anything about the city and realized that I can't wait to see it. When we came there we have gotten a nice reception from people and that made a big impression on me. After some days there I realized that people in Krakow are extremely friendly and most of them know how to speak in English so I didn't have problems with communication.
Aleš Klopčič
The main square

We were there for five days and we visited the hosting school, Wieliczka salt mine and Auschwitz. We had a guided tour around the city and we visited Wawel castle, underground museum and other historical buildings and sights.

On Thursday night we also went to Stalowe Magnolie bar, where we spent the evening listening to live music. The singers name was Ania Dudek and she sings really good.

Krakow is a beautiful city with a lot of history. I was so fascinated about it and I still am, so that's why I made a lot of pictures of the city (some of them you can check out on this link:                       http://www.flickr.com/photos/117351075@N07/sets/72157641831944443/)
Unfortunately I learned only two polish words proszę (please) and dziękuję (thank you) and I learned that from our professor Jože Iskra. 

Aleš Klopčič
Coffee
One of the things I will probably miss from Krakow is Polish coffee because every coffee I drank there tasted very good.

And for the end I can say that I am looking forward to visit Krakow again!

Aleš Klopčič




No comments:

Post a Comment