This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.

Monday 31 March 2014



SUMMARY OF TRAVELING TO KRAKOW


Once in school, our English teacher prof. Vladimir Janež mentioned something about project Viribus Unitis-Help the world with joint efforts. I inquired about this project and find out that we will have to opportunity to travel in Poland, Krakow. Because I like to travel I signed up for this project.

In first meeting in our school we divided into groups. I was in group with my classmate Jon and we had to research the meaning of carbon dioxide. All groups made presentations of their topic and we were ready to present it in Krakow.

We gathered in Ljubljana on the main train station from where we started our journey to Poland. The ride was 14 hours long and we had the chance to get to know each other. In the early morning we arrived in Krakow. I meet my new host Bartosz  and I went  home with him to have real Polish breakfast. Later we went to tour around the city with Bartosz, Andrzej, Jon and me. 

On Tuesday we went around the Krakow and learned how important this city is for Polish culture. On Wednesday we had to present our presentations. It was already Thursday and we went to Wieliczka Salt mine which is one of the oldest mine, still operating. On Friday we had to say goodbye to our 1 week families and Jon and me went to Krakow Głowny which is main train station, from where we headed in Auschwitz. It was really interesting and terrible to see gas chambers and places of 
Auschwitz. In the evening we headed on the train for Slovenia.



I must say that Krakow is really beautiful city and people are very friendly. For my host family I can say only positive things. They accepted me like I was one of them and I really enjoyed staying with them. If I get another chance to visit Krakow I certainly won't miss it.

Tom Šraj

1 comment: